Special offer: try out Cofactor’s expert editing for only £32
31st Jan 2017
Half price editing of a sample of your paper or grant, or 1000 words free when we edit the whole thing!
From February to April 2017 we will edit a 1000-word sample of your scientific research paper or grant application in depth for only £32. This means that if you haven’t tried Cofactor’s services before, you can try us out for very little. We are confident that you will be impressed!
Alternatively, you could go straight for in-depth editing of the whole paper or grant, and if it’s over 3000 words we’ll edit 1000 words of it free!
Quote the code FEB17WEB to take advantage of this offer.
Our standard price for in-depth editing (also called substantive editing) is £64 per thousand words (the word count doesn’t include the reference list or large data tables).
An example: if you have a 6000-word paper, the standard price for editing is £384. This offer means we will edit a sample 1000 words of it for only £32, and editing of the whole thing will cost you only £320 – you pay for only 5000 words.
Why choose Cofactor?
With Cofactor you get all the benefits of a small company – personal service, high quality and the input of the director herself. Unlike many of the big academic editing companies, we make sure that we pay our freelance editors reasonable rates so that they can provide the best service. But you also get the flexibility of an established company with a team – coverage of a wide range of subjects, availability all year with no breaks for holidays, and well designed systems for tracking jobs and enquiries.
Most of our editors have PhDs in a scientific, technical or medical area, and most have lots of experience of editing papers before submission to journals. We have very high standards in recruiting, training and retaining editors, so you know your paper will be edited by a real expert.
What’s more, every edit is checked by someone even more experienced – either Anna Sharman, Director of Cofactor and a highly experienced editor and consultant, or a senior editor trained and overseen by Anna. So your paper gets two expert eyes for a really in-depth edit.
Cofactor substantive editing helps improve your manuscript, ensures it is well written, complete and clear, and gets it ready for submission to a journal or funder. We can also advise you on which journals would be most suitable, and we can help out when you are unsure what to do after your manuscript has been rejected.
Our aim is to help you get your paper published as successfully as possible, so all our comments are polite and clearly written in jargon-free English. And if any comment isn’t clear, you can always ask for more explanation.
Don’t take our word for it – see the testimonials page for quotes from happy clients.
Contact us today and quote FEB17WEB to take advantage of this special limited-time offer!
Terms and conditions
- This offer applies to enquiries received between 1 February and 30 April 2017 inclusive.
- The document must be an original report of research in science, technology or medicine and be intended for submission to a journal, or a grant application in one of these subject areas.
- Your manuscript must be complete and ready for editing when we receive the request.
- The word count we use to calculate prices includes the title, abstract, main text, figure legends, table text (except for large blocks containing only numbers) and legends, and all supplementary material text, but not the reference list, and is rounded up to the nearest 100 words.
- Payment is required in full in advance (PayPal or bank transfer) unless you can provide a purchase order from your institution or you are an existing Cofactor customer. Payment is in pounds sterling (GBP) and VAT is added when applicable.
- When you enquire we will tell you how long we will need for the edit. More time may be needed at busy periods. Higher fees may be charged if you want faster editing.
- We reserve the right to decline to edit your paper if no editor is available with the right expertise.
Standard Cofactor terms and conditions apply.