Terms and conditions
Editing prices depend on the number of words in the original text, how well the original text is written, the depth of editing required, and how soon the deadline is. We will give you a quote, with a fee and how long we will need for the editing, once we have seen your manuscript.
We need either payment of a deposit in advance of the first job or a purchase order before we start work. After the first job, or if you provide a purchase order, we accept payment after the job is completed.
Pricing of workshops and consultancy is negotiated individually with each client. For workshops or consultancy in person travel and accommodation expenses will be added to the fee unless in London. Fees do not generally include printing or transport of handouts.
Fees are quoted exclusive of VAT, so this is added when required. Payment is in pounds sterling (GBP) or euros (EUR).
Terms and conditions for Cofactor editorial and consultancy services
- We will treat as confidential all material you provide, including correspondence. Any editor or administrative assistant with whom we share your material has previously signed a confidentiality agreement.
- The edits and suggestions we make are purely advisory. No action should be taken solely on the basis of the information given.
- We make no guarantee of acceptance of the manuscript in any journal, or that any journal will behave in any particular way regarding your manuscript as a result of our editing of it or our consultancy about it.
- We make no guarantee that a grant application will be funded as a result of our editing of it or our consultancy about it.
- All material provided by you remains your exclusive property and copyright.
- You agree that we can use your material for training and performance monitoring of editors who have signed a confidentiality agreement. We will not use your material for any other purposes than these, except if requested by you.
- If you ask us to edit or check your material, you agree that we can mention your name and affiliation as being a client of Cofactor in our marketing material (unless you request otherwise).
- We reserve the right to refuse to edit any document if (after a quick check) we feel that further work by the author is essential before editing will be useful. Examples of when this might be the case is when significant information is missing or when the language is not comprehensible to us. We will not charge if this happens.
Terms and conditions for Cofactor workshops
- Provision of a workshop includes designing and planning of the workshop, writing and designing handouts and delivery of the workshop in person.
- If we are unable to provide the workshop due to unavoidable circumstances such as illness or transport cancellations, we will inform you as early as possible. In the first instance we will suggest rescheduling the workshop to another date.
- If you cancel the workshop less than 60 days beforehand, or if you change the date less than 30 days beforehand, no fee is payable. Cancellation less than 60 days before the workshop is due to take place will incur a fee on a sliding scale that reflects the possibility of replacing the workshop with a booking for another client:
- 60-30 days: 10% of the originally agreed fee
- 30-7 days: 50%
- Less than 7 days: 100%.
- We will treat all course participants and staff with whom we come into contact in a polite, professional and courteous manner. We ask for the same from you.
- We endeavour to teach in an inclusive way, treating all participants with respect regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability or other irrelevant factor.
- We will leave training rooms in good order after each workshop.
- We will provide handouts electronically in good time before each workshop for printing.
- We will follow your evaluation procedure by giving out your evaluation forms or encouraging participants to complete an online form, as appropriate. We may also invite participants to fill in a Cofactor form if they wish, which includes brief evaluation, permission to quote their comments, and permission to receive emails from us.
- We will not collect personal information about workshop participants without their consent. Cofactor is registered under the Data Protection Act.
- We ask for you to provide all information necessary for us to provide the workshop in good time.
- You will provide a training room equipped with a data projector, tables and chairs and appropriate refreshments and preferably a computer with PowerPoint installed. Alternatively we can provide a laptop.
- You will process our invoice in a timely manner and pay it within 30 days.